Sorry they’re like *weeks* late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Yes, I still have more presents to sew, but I’ve been lazy.
For the rest of you, these are cloth grocery bags but really they could be used for anything. I’ve used mine for zoo & beach trips, for clothes & toys, and for just about anything that I would normally grab a plastic bag for. The best use is for groceries. It’s nice to have something sturdy, totally stuff-able, and has easy carry handles. I have five of these myself, but only made Fini four. I didn’t buy enough fabric so could only make four plus this little cutie for me. The fabric is Alexander Henry and is the heavier home decor cotton. Fini likes the bright stuff so I thought this would be perfect for her.
Here’s a little on the bag’s specifications:
– They are cut from a 20 x 40 inch panel.
– The straps are 1.5 x 26 inches.
– There are 2.5 inch guessets.
– I used french seams for the sides of the bag for a neat and clean finish. (Still no serger!)
– There’s a 1.5 inch hem at the top where the straps are tucked into.
That’s it. Really simple to sew-up and totally worth it. Yes, you need to make some and be stylin’ at the grocery store with us!
OR- you can buy some…